Print Page Text Size
Join us at Consortium 2013, the premier gathering for institutional investors focused on connecting and investing with small and diverse managers.
- Keynote interview featuring Valerie Jarrett, Senior Advisor to President Barack Obama, with insights into federal programs supporting women and minority investors—and more
- Four long-time industry pioneers with leadership perspectives on a decade of change and growth in the small and diverse manager arena
- Top CIOs from public pensions, foundations and endowments with best practices and future investment plans
- One-on-one sessions connecting institutional investors with small and diverse managers
Review the Consortium 2013 agenda, including keynote addresses, workshops and interactive sessions, and register today. Our two companion programs—The Bootcamp for small and diverse managers and The Intensive for institutional investors—are the perfect start.
Confirmed Keynote Speakers
Senior Advisor to the President
The White House
MASTER OF CEREMONIES
Political Analyst & Principal
The Raben Group
Industry Pioneers Session
Co-Founder, Former CEO
Progress Investment Management Company
Dr. Al Sharpton
Founder & President
National Action Network, Host of MSNBC PoliticsNation
Robert F. Smith
Chairman & CEO
Vista Equity Partners
Robert Toigo Foundation
Fitzgibbon Toigo Associates
Treasurers / CIO Session
Senior Vice President Chief Investment Officer
Federal Reserve System
Adam M. Cloud
City of Hartford
North Carolina Department of State
City of Chicago
Chief Investment Officer
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Kelly M. Williams
Managing Director and Global Head
Credit Suisse Customized Fund Investment Group
Who Should Attend?
Please click the titles below to read more.
Institutional Investors →
Investment officers and trustees from public plans, Taft-Hartley plans, corporate plans, family office, foundations and endowments.
Fund Managers / Fund of Funds →
Managers from small and diverse funds; fund of fund managers with a focus on small and diverse funds on behalf of their clients.
Teams working with institutional investors with a concentration on identifying small and diverse managers (for emerging manager, women- and minority-owned programs).
Outcomes: Why Attend?
Please click the titles below to read more.
Candid, unvarnished dialogue →
Tired of PPTs and canned conversations? Consortium 2013 topics are timely and speakers are focused on delivering actionable advice. Sector and operating workshops are geared to deliver best practices and peer advice.
Productive GP/LP conversations →
All in the audience are focused on investments in small, diverse managers ensuring maximum networking opportunities. VIP Connect allows LPs to create a “dance card” of managers to meet and start exploring if there’s a fit.
Access new talent, key parts of economy →
Hear it first-hand—small and diverse managers provide institutional investors with untapped opportunities and new thinking. Consortium 2013 makes meeting managers a focused, efficient process.
Dates To Remember
May 28th – June 2nd (Midnight)
VIP Connect Scheduling
June 5, 2013 | 2:00 PM – 5:30 PM
June 6, 2013 | 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM
You’ve got choices: attend Consortium 2013 only, add a half-day companion program (The Bootcamp or The Intensive) for added benefit. Pressed for time? Select the Consortium 2013 Welcome Reception as your ticket.
Maximize your presence and brand impact at Consortium 2013 through event sponsorship. Contact Emese Foss at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-628-0345 x 100.. Check out Consortium 2012 highlights to get a feel for the event.
2013 Advisory Committee
- Laurie Weir, Senior Portfolio Manager – California Public Employee’s Retirement System
- Solange Brooks, Portfolio Manager, Investments Executive Unit – CalSTRS
- Nickol Hackett, CIO – Cook County Pension Fund
- Rhonda Smith, Executive Director – Houston Municipal Employees Pension System
- Jimmy Yan, General Counsel – Office of the Manhattan Borough President
- Anyori (AJ) Hernandez, Senior Investment Officer – New York State Common Retirement Fund
- David Ourlicht, Commissioner – NY State Insurance Fund; Managing Director & Special Advisor – GAMCO; Trustee – New York City Employees Retirement System
- Bryan Lewis, Deputy CIO – Department of the State Treasurer – North Carolina
- Stuart Bernstein, Director, Emerging Manager Program – Teacher Retirement System of Texas
- Kenyatta Matheny, Investment Officer – Teachers’ Retirement System of the State of Illinois
- Lauren Honza, Emerging Manager Director – Employees Retirement System of Texas
- Robert L. Greene, Vice Chair – Virginia Retirement System; Principal – Syncom Venture Partners
- Reginald Sanders, Director of Investments – W.K. Kellogg Foundation
2013 Planning Committee
- Kelly Williams, MD, Global Head – Credit Suisse Customized Fund Investment Group
- Robert Azeke, Managing Partner – Farol Asset Management
- Jeffrey Gandel, Managing Director – Long Wharf Real Estate Partners LLC
- Laureen Costa, Portfolio Manager – JP Morgan Private Equity Group
- Judy Chambers, Managing Director – Pension Consulting Alliance, Inc.
- Brian Mathis, Partner – Pine Street Alternative Asset Management
- Kneeland Youngblood, Co-founder and Managing Partner – Pharos Capital Management
- Kristi Craig, Senior Vice President, Business Development – Small Business Investor Alliance
- Laura Sachar, General Partner – StarVest Partners, L.P.
- Michelle Davidson, Managing Director – TorreyCove Capital Partners